Parameter identification in mathematical models
The goal of this thematic program is to bring together leading experts in Numerical Analysis and Mechanical Engineering for a two months period at IMPA, in order to present a perspective on the current trends on selected research topics and to foster the scientific collaboration with researchers in the Brazilian and European communities. The focus of the program will be on Parameter Identification and Inverse Problems, including the following topics:
- Iterative regularization methods for parameter identification.
- Regularization methods in Banach spaces.
- Novel methods for parameter identification in PDE’s.
- Solution of coupled conduction-radiation problems at high temperatures.
- Statistical solution of inverse problems on applied physics.
The activities of the thematic program include two scientific meetings:
- New Trends in Parameter Identification for Mathematical Models
(Integrating the Chemnitz Symposium on Inverse Problems on Tour)
Period: 30/Oct – 03/Nov
- Research in Options 2017
Period: 27/Nov – 01/Dec
See more informations at the official site